<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7K7rwn9bXr0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hi I'm Brooke Butterworth writer and Producer of over 50 short films and experienced actress. After directing over 10 short films I went to film school in 2013 and graduated in 2017 with a bachelors in Film/filmmaking. For several years now I have been creating and editing films, commercials, and short films. Most recently in 2020, I directed a documentary about a big jazz band in Asheville. Together with Griffin Watson, I created a team of hardworking individuals to make this film.
- Nominated Best Short Film
Student Emmy Awards 2017
- Best Screenplay
Flamingo Film Festival 2012
- Nominated Best Short Film
International Accolade Awards 2018
- Best Short Film
Flamingo Film Festival 2011
What We Need & What You Get
Goal: To speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves!
- To raise awareness for human trafficking
- To educate
- To make a change
- To give profits to the rehabilitation center: Wellspring Living https://wellspringliving.org/about/ in ATL Georgia and A21 https://www.a21.org/ (frees those in human trafficking directly and prevents human trafficking)
We need 10K for:
- Distribution to educational systems such as schools, and film festivals where it will be seen by even more artists and creative professionals to be inspired to create for change.
- $5 you get a personal virtual hug from me to you. We can't thank you enough for giving!
- $10 or more you get signed thank you card from the cast and crew (leave mailing address)
- $25 or above both the signed card and a sticker!(leave a mailing address)
- $50 or above you get a thank you note, sticker, and a thank you in your name within the credits of the film.
- $100 or above you will be sent a personal thank you video from Brooke and all of the above.
- $500 and above you get a producer credit for the film and all of the above! WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!
- $1000 or above you will receive an Executive Producer credit. Be invited to a zoom call with me and all of the above!
- $2000 or above. WOW! You are super committed. You will receive all of the above and be invited to dinner with me as a way to say thank you so much!
- If we don't reach our full goal, we will do another, matching campaign, and continue as we project to shoot in March 2022!
Risks & Challenges
With an estimated 24.9 million victims worldwide at any given time, human traffickers prey on adults and children of all ages, backgrounds, and nationalities, exploiting them for their own profit. There are amazing organizations to help but many aren't even aware that these organizations exist! Most people don't understand how prevalent this situation is and how close it is to THEM.
- 24.9 million people are victims of forced labor. (Researched 2017 studies)
- 4.8 million people are trafficked for forced sexual exploitation.
- 4.1 million people are trafficked for forced labor in state-imposed forced labor.It is estimated that 20.9 million people are trafficked worldwide.
- Women and girls are disproportionately affected by human trafficking, accounting for 71% of all victims.
- 3.8 million adults are trafficked for forced sexual exploitation and 1.0 million children are trafficked for commercial sexual exploitation.
In the USA: (The National Human Trafficking Hotline maintains one of the most extensive data sets on the issue of human trafficking in the United States.)
48,326 CONTACTS THIS YEAR
11,500 HUMAN TRAFFICKING CASES REPORTED THIS YEAR
Victims and Survivors Identified:
Calls From Victims & Survivors10,490
In Georgia Alone:
CONTACTS THIS YEAR
HUMAN TRAFFICKING CASES REPORTED THIS YEAR
VICTIMS & SURVIVORS IDENTIFIED
Calls From Victims & Survivors299
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean You can't help:
- Get the word out and make some noise about this campaign!
- Remind those you share with to share if they can't contribute and use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Join the Fight! click here: https://www.a21.org/content/join-the-fight/grfnp4
We want to thank you for supporting us and supporting those who cannot speak for themselves for contributing to this production!